How do we name files? why is it important?
- Web convention allows you to name the landing page of your website index.html. The browsers default to this page if you just send it to the directory and do not give it a specific document name.
- both .html or .htm are acceptable file extensions
- save html document to the appropriat directory befor you start building your links, this will prevent problems and confusion later
- lower case prefered
- no spaces
- no special charicters, brackets, commas, periods, question marks, poundsigns, or other such things
- underscores are acceptable _
- descriptive names are better
Thing's to look out for.
- spelling, check your spelling, a misspelled word is a different word
- case sensitive, computer systems: browsers and servers are case sensitive img is a different directory than IMG.
- when setting a link or source for make sure the path is correct.